Sunday, August 25, 2013

5th Annual Walk


I have my shoes picked out for this Saturday's St. Vincent de Paul Friends of the Poor Walk. Sandals, actually.
I'd been wondering what I was going to do to replace a favorite pair of sandals, Ozark Trail River Sandals. With winter coming, the off season for these, was thinking about shopping online. I don't plan on wearing them much in the next six months, but they're just too handy for a quick run outside to take out the trash or whatever. I've probably had the last pair five years. I'm not kidding! These things have been great. Wore them in all kinds of weather and terrain and the straps never separated from the soles like with every other pair I've owned. They're just a Chinese-made, inexpensive Walmart sandal, but the only reason I'm replacing them now is I've worn the once-substantial soles down to practically nothing.
As my continuing run of luck would have it, I stumbled upon a new pair of the exact same model sandal in our son's old room while cleaning. I was disappointed they were a size smaller than my current pair and thought they'd never fit. However, upon trying them on. . . Don't tell our son, but I'm keeping them! They fit even better at this size. I highly recommend Ozark Trail River Sandals.
I also highly recommend joining us for the fifth annual walk for the poor. The two mile walk will make you feel so good in more ways than one.
Why should we help the needy? Because the needy are us. They are all around us. Many of us are just a couple of paychecks from them. While St. Vincent de Paul is a Catholic organization, we offer assistance to anyone in need. There are four conferences in the City of Waukesha to make a difference in the lives of the less fortunate in the city, and many more in Waukesha County.
I've been a Vincentian for ten years and have seen the good a little prayer and generosity can do in time of desperation. The St. William Conference of St. Vincent de Paul has been blessed to be able to host this walk all five of it's years, and this year we are doubly blessed to have a t-shirt-full of generous corporate sponsors.
Please allow me to ackowledge the sponsors who've made this year's walk and future assistance to the needy possible:


“: THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS “                                              

_______________________________________________________________________ 


LAW OFFICES OF JAMES J. MATHIE

HORNER PLUMBING CO. INC.
WHEATON FRANCISCAN HEALTHCARE
SUMMIT WOODS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP

UNITED BROTHERHOOOD  OF CARPENTERS AND JOINERS OF AMERICA LOCAL 344
LABORERS' INTERNATIONAL UNION OF NORTH AMERICA LOCAL 113

METRO SOUND AND VIDEO
CESARZ, CHARAPATA & ZINNECKER

WAUKESHA COUNTY DEPUTY SHERIFFS ASSOCIATION
COX PLUMBING CO. INC.
RANDLE- DABLE -BRISK FUNERAL HOME

ROCHESTER DELI, INC.
WAUKESHA COUNTY LABOR COUNCIL

SHAEFER BRUSH MFG. CO. INC.
R&R INSURANCE SERVICES

CATHOLIC FINANCIAL LIFE BRANCH 40
SVDP WAUKESHA DISTRICT COUNCIL

If you'd like to join us, we'd love to have you. No fees required, but donations accepted. Refreshments served courtesy of Catholic Financial Branch 40.
Walk begins at 11:00 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 29th, at St. William, 440 N Moreland Blvd., Waukesha.

No comments:

Post a Comment